Friday, December 17, 2004

Presidential medal of freedom?

I think thousands of protesters with their hearts in the right place should get a piece of that. Maybe we should change it to, Presidential Medal of Fiefdom. Then all them toadies who got it would deserve the damn piece of shit

Surprise! The Republican sycophant to the drug business gets handed cushy pharmaceutical industry lobby job. He’s the new CEO and he’s not looking out for you. And you thought Bush and his congressional puppets were looking out for grandmother and her drug costs! No, the sad dude is not only a motherf*%#@* he’s a grandmotherf*&$#! Spineless source on CNN:

“The source said (Retiring U.S. Rep. Billy) Tauzin wants to be a "patient-advocate CEO."

I guess that’s why he advocated blue-sky pricing for drug companies while leading his committee. What does he care now? He beat cancer, has a lifetime six-figure salary from congress, and never has to pay a dime for his own medical care. We just sat down and took a preliminary look at our taxes/expenses and trust me, he’s one lucky-ass grandmotherf&%##*! You should see my mother’s health care costs. Her out-of-pocket for Plavix is over $100 a month and there is no generic for Plavix. With guys like this greasing congressional skids, Plavix will probably get a copyright to infinity! Not negotiable!

Now the Weather Channel
warns of Zero by Monday

With temperatures in the teens, and winds up to 30 mph, we’re looking at a wind chill factor of zero to five below by Monday! It gets colder in places I've lived but this is getting chilly. I used to marvel when I'd drive by the same bank in Exeter, NH, in July and see the temperature at a hundred and six or more, then drive by in January and look at way, way below zero.

I covered the Apple Pickers Union protester holed up on a communicaitons tower high above the salt marshes of Seabrook on a makeshift plywood platform in the dead of winter, 1975. He was against building a nuclear reactor on the site. I had to borrow a flare from an AP reporter to thaw the lock on my Volvo. Wonder why I locked my car out there in the middle of nowhere.