Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Now what?

Nov 3
The neocons and the Christian right have the White House, U.S. Congress, and soon the Supreme Court. I’ve given up on the media, the selfish kissers of corporate ass. They have the power. Let’s see what they can all do now to make a better country, a better world.

By my estimation we wil be the safest, most moral country with plenty of jobs and great medicine for all.

We had a thunderstorm and the power went out around nine p.m., fell asleep listening to NPR after uneventful early returns. Joy called around midnight, woke me up because she was worried about me. “We lost, Daddy.” I told her I'd be OK. Power was back after three hours and I watched the slow march to counting electoral votes, holding out hope for Ohio, watching upper Midwest states and Nevada. Quite a nightmarish experience.