Saturday, November 13, 2004

What I’m reading

Funny what a political experience like this will make you do. I’m reading the United States Constitution, been through it once so far this week and I’ll read it several more times by next week. I’ll commit it to memory. It is a religious experience, I’m telling you.

Blue states, red states, free states, slave states. Thanks to Jeffrey Stettner of our “progressive fifteen.”

Regressive reports from Georgia:

Two examples I hereby offer as proof, one from my home state, that evolution, survival of the fittest, and natural selection to support the advancement of the species must be a waning theory lacking supporting evidence.

1.) Bush reelected on his sorry-ass record.

2.) Linda (Republican) Schrenko “Prosecutors say former School Superintendent (LS) and associates employed South African and family bank accounts, envelopes full of cash and more than a hundred $590 checks in a scheme to steal more than $500,000 in federal education funds.” From Fridays Atlanta Journal and Constitution.

Safer under Bush? Goss
doesn’t “do personnel”

Top CIA officers are jumping ship under Porter J. Goss, the nonpartisan former Florida Republican congressional representative GWB appointed as top dog.

“When senior managers have gone to Goss to complain about his staff actions, one CIA officer said, Goss has told them: ‘Talk to my chief of staff. I don't do personnel.’”

My understanding is the CIA is all personnel. In that case what exactly does Goss do? Full story in today’s Washington Post.