Monday, September 27, 2004

Duck, vote, another tropical whip, yardfishies

If Iraqis can duck, they can vote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A50259-2004Sep25.html?referrer=email

Tropical Storm Jeanne is out there somewhere, heading up I-75 south of Macon. She’s supposed to turn to the northeast soon but the wind in the woods out back is brisk at 6 a.m.

I wonder about Florida. Could I go down there and be of help? Should I get on the bus for the voter registration drive at the end of the month? the same weekend as the Seaside Writer’s Conference (haven’t even signed up)? Or do I stay here with my responsibilities? Seems like a long to-do list is converging in my place and time. The conference is great, especially for writers with engines like motorcycles—they need kick starting. When writing comes up in conversation I usually promote Seaside (305) 919-5734. Registration might be full by now or close.

Elly’s vet, Dr. Juanita, should call today with the results of the biopsy. I wonder about the yardfishies out back (why does a word I thought I made up spell-check correctly? Must have added it.). More about yardfishies later. Pat is coming out for a little golf at the dump today. The wind might be wicked on top of mount trashmore.

OF SWIRLING WINDS AND WHIRLING, SPINNING DERVISHES

Canceled golf, it is raining courtesy of Jeanne. Florida should have it so good.

The spin starts where? on The Factor, tonight, O’Reilly interviews W-YA! at eight.