Friday, October 15, 2004

That irritating debate business over, what to expect next from The Bush Channel

From the man who doesn’t pay much attention to the media, doesn’t read, $68,000 in campaign contributions from Sinclair Broadcasting http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/15/opinion/15fri1.html?th ninety-seven percent of that to republicans, buys a lot of airtime in the swing states. Look for “The Kerry Sucks Show” coming soon, along with these duplicitous strategies at
http://www.commondreams.org/views04/1014-23.htm

Pictorial evidence of a radio receiver under his suit during the debates. Making light of his wife’s instructions not to slouch, not to sneer, not to show his potty-faced body language. Little more rationale for his record other than, It’s hard work, we’re working hard. Tacit approval of fringe-group and corporate media campaigns of smear and obfuscation. Unable to look inward and connect with himself and the electorate concerning substance, policy, and plans for the next four years. Bush can’t even handle the idea of having made a mistake, tries to joke that a reporter was handing him “a trick question” at one of his rare news conferences. In the debates he passes the buck on another “mistake” question onto other people, wrong appointments. Reminds me of the old one-liner, I thought I made a mistake once but I was wrong.

If I’m making a mistake by supporting the only strong candidate in this race, John Kerry, somebody please tell me. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Give me one good reason, it better be good, to vote for Bush and I will. Hell, I’ll join the Republican party and go to work in their campaigns today.

The actions of many religions and right-wing whacks have turned us away from the church doors in search of God and spirituality. Its Friedrich Nietzsche’s birthday (The Writer’s Almanac today) http://writersalmanac.publicradio.org/ who said, “God is dead . . . and we have killed him.”